Wednesday, July 1, 2009

01/07/09

Last night I went out with about 20 students and a few teachers from my school. We went to a little restaurant in Palermo called "El 22". The idea of the evening was that our teachers were going to order different cuts of beef and let us try the different parts of the cow without telling us what part it was. I'll admit I felt a little left out at first for not partaking in this experience, however I wanted to make my first Argentine steak experience extra special. So Colja(A friend of mine who is from Germany) and I ordered the Lomo or what is the equivalent of Filet Mignon here. Hands down, no questions asked, the best steak i've ever had. But the best part of my dinner had to be the salad I ordered. Apparently not all countries do things the same way. I was wrong to assume that a salad automatically comes with lettuce. So when I asked for a salad with only tomatoes, to my surprise, minutes later, I had an oversized bowl full of chopped tomatoes in front of me. I couldn't tell whether or not the grimace on the waiters face was because he hated tomatoes or because I liked them so much. 

Nevertheless, last night was eventful.


 I was unaware that today was "Take advantage of an American" day in Buenos Aires. What an interesting day. Today I learned the majority of bad words used in Argentina (Thanks to my teacher and her persistence for us to know them all). After school I went to lunch with Veronica, I had an amazing Torta with cheese and ham. Afterwards I went to San Thelmo with my cousins. San Thelmo is the oldest Barrio or neighborhood of Buenos Aires. This is where a good deal of Tango dancing occurs on the weekends here in Argentina. after that I came home, took a 4 hour nap, had a salad, soup, and soda that cost me 100 pesos(hence the Take advantage of an American Day comment), and now I'm going to bed.

Oh ya,  

here are some photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment