Monday, July 6, 2009

Lujan.

03/07/09..... After Boca

Today after school I decided to go with my cousin Sebastian to his families country home in a town called Lujan.
Es mi Tio Mariano.

...

 Tonight it seems that I have been introduced to an entirely different side of Argentina. I am in a very nice house in a place called Lujan. I am in a bed with a sailboat comforter. I am in a country club weekend quinta. Although it took an hour's drive to get here, I still feel at home. I think I finally have realized the true meaning of the saying: "Home is where the heart is." It's not the hotel room or apartment. It's not where you go to sleep or where you wake up. It's not whether everything is completely different or exactly the same. Home is simply, where you want to be. And right now I don't want to be anywhere but here. I have felt this way for almost the entire time i've been in Buenos Aires. A great contribution to this is my family and their eagerness to not only entertain and feed me, but to also keep me warm in both a physical and mental sense. I don't know that i've ever felt so welcome in my life. It really has opened my eyes to the fact that family, whether you can understand them or not, is family. It's hard to swallow, but it took for me to come all the way here in order for me to realize that I have the most amazing family not only here but waiting for me to return home safely. 

      On a side note:

I feel sorry for the ceiling fan because in winter he's forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment