Friday, July 3, 2009

I wanna rock right now.

03/07/09

One of my favorite things about being here so far is listening to my cousins and other Argentines sing songs from artists such as; Coldplay, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Keane, Pink Floyd, etc. Not only is this entertaining for me because I like most of the music, but mostly because I'm pretty sure they don't understand the majority of the words they are singing. I must admit if i was playing a game of "You now how I know you're gay?" and the answer was "Because you listen to Coldplay" I would be guilty... of liking Coldplay. It was amazing to be driving through the Barrio of La Boca, seeing things i've never seen before while listening to Coldplay's song titled Scientists. Currently I am listening to a song named "Chromakey Dreamcoat" by a group called Boards of Canada. If you've never heard of them then you not only suck at life, but also need to buy one of their albums. Today I saw the barrio of Boca. Boca is famous for their futbol team and for being a huge part of the immigration into Argentina. I learned that the colors blue and yellow that are used for the teams jerseys were chosen because they couldn't decide on colors so they said "We will use the colors of the next ship that comes into port". The next ship that sailed into port happened to be from Sweden. To this day, the Futbol team remains blue and yellow. The city, although it looked a bit more run down than the rest of Buenos Aires, was very beautiful in it's own ways. So far my favorite thing about Buenos Aires is that each Barrio has so much to offer. Around each corner is a new experience waiting to take me in.  If you are curious as to what Boca looks like, this might give you an idea:


    This is the Boca futbol team's stadium









 In 20 minutes I leave to go to my cousin Sebastian's families country club. So I should have pictures from that tomorrow. 

But for now, chau

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I just kinda ran into your blog and found it pretty cool and funny... and it's true.. most people don't really know what tha' hell they're singing...it's funny sometimes...

    Anyways, I'm from Paraguay (right next to Argentina) check my blog out if you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete