Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am going to warn you, it's a long one today.

09-11/07/09

There are 2 points I would like to make at this time:

 1. The streets and sidewalks of Argentina can be very uneven and full of cracks and holes.

 2. Fights are never funny.

             That is unless both parties involved in the confrontation are wearing rollerblades and suck at rollerblading. This afternoon I was fortunate enough to witness an altercation between what I assumed to be boyfriend and girlfriend. As I eagerly waited for the fight to reach it's pinnacle, I couldn't help but stare. I immediately noticed the giant crack in the sidewalk directly behind the man involved in this argument. As I witnessed the man scream his last few words, which were full of  anger and frustration, he turned to "roll" away from the woman only to find himself face down and moaning. I don't know what I found more entertaining, the immediate change of tone in the mans voice, or the pure lack of concern being displayed by his girlfriend. 

In other news. I once again am horrible at keeping up on the days events and I apologize. 
With that said, 

Lets recap.

 On July 9th - I spent all day with my family at the quinta.

 On July 10th - I had school until 1:30, walked home, hung out for about 15 minutes, then walked around Palermo with Cande and Nachi. It looked like this:




A also bought a canvas and some paints in order to keep myself entertained this week. We'll see how that turns out.

After walking around Palermo for about 2 hours I returned to my apartment and got ready for the night. The night consisted of going out to dinner with my classmates and my cousins Sebastian and Fransisco. After dinner we went to a club called The Roxy where a friend of Fransisco was playing a show. It was a great experience to see what a local band in Argentina sounds like. To be honest, they sound very similar to local bands in San Diego, except, there's much more spanish involved. The restaurant we ate as was called Madagascar and I believe it was in Palermo.

From L to R: Me, Sebastian, Maria (our spanish teacher), Colja

July 11th - I woke up somewhat late in the day (because the nights down here in Buenos Aires can last until anywhere between 5 and 8 am.) So upon waking up somewhere around 1 in the afternoon I received messages from my cousin Candelaria and from my cousin Lucas asking if i wanted to explore. So I decided to walk around my own barrio for once. We walked to the cemetery in Recoleta. Then explored a museum, and saw some other neat things in this beautiful neighborhood I live in. Have a look.




Evita's grave



Street market


puppet show?



After walking around with them for a few hours I went out for some Argentine sushi. And like promised, it wasn't half bad. I went with Colja, Sebastian, Emily, and Greta. After sushi we went back to my apartment and hung out until about 4 in the morning. Another late night and another late morning to follow. Did I mention I love Sundays?



No comments:

Post a Comment