Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh the wind chimes.

04/07/09

It's the 4th of July. 

I am in a place that doesn't care and I don't blame them because I didn't even have the slightest idea that their independence day is 5 days later. I woke up in Lujan this morning to an Argentina rendition of an American omelette. After breakfast Sebastian took me to the city of Lujan to see this beast.


This is a cathedral of some sort and I am totally spacing on the name of it......oh its called   The Basilica Nuestra Señora de Lujan | Thanks Cande | and since this picture really doesn't do it any justice, here are a few more to give you an idea.


Imagine the street littered with people and no visible pavement for a mile.

Once a year people from Buenos Aires walk to this place to gather around and celebrate God. It is a 43 mile walk so it takes nearly an entire day to get there. A pretty amazing thing if you ask me. 

      The merchants that lined the outside of the building all had wind-chimes that played in unison as the breeze tickled the glass. As we walked through this wind channel of sound, the resonance of a normal wind-chime resembled something similar to a symphony of harps all playing the same chord. If this isn't a spiritual place then God stop the wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment