Saturday, June 27, 2009

What a start.


26/06/09

 Dallas Fort Worth Texas has proven to be more hot during the evening than any San Diego summer day. I missed my connecting flight to Buenos Aires today and had the pleasure of staying at a Ramada Inn half a mile away from the airport. That's what I get for sarcastically telling my mom that I've never had the opportunity to see the great state of Texas.

Thanks American Airlines...Not.

But not all is lost, my neighbors are quite the entertainment. I found myself constantly muting my television in order to hear the rapidly escalating fight in the next room.

"I don't need you nigga, your broke ass can't afford what I have to offer you anyhow."

These words echoed through my ears as I laid awake evaluating my own self worth. I began to question whether or not I would be missed over the next 32 days, or if my absence was just a breath of fresh air that San Diego, as a whole, so badly needed. Or maybe I was more like a changing season or a setting sun, gone for now but inevitably returning again soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment