Monday, June 29, 2009

29/06/09

My alarm was the first thing I heard this morning, followed shortly by the sound of the pounding rain on my balcony. The rain persisted through the night. It was very difficult for me to get up this morning because I am still accustomed to the time in San Diego(4 hours early than here). So when I turned off my alarm clock this morning it said 8:00am, but it felt like 4:00am. I scarfed down a banana and a piece of toast, both of which I covered in Dulce de Leche. <-- amazing stuff. Then I was on my way. A few of my cousins that have been showing me around were waiting for me downstairs. They showed me how to take the 111 bus to Viamonte and Maipu, walk three blocks west, and ring the buzzer of the first floor of 927 Viamonte in order to be let in. Then I was at school.

After school I met up with Lucas, 2 of his friends, and Charlie. We walked down Florida Avenue to see some of the shops and so that I could experience the busy part of Buenos Aires. Florida street looks something like this on a monday afternoon around 2:00pm:
Then we walked around the city for a while so I could find my bearings and become familiar with at least some of the city. I also got to see the street Ave. 9 de Julio. This is the largest street in the world and has 7 lanes in each direction. 


Although I was again invited to Veronica's house for dinner, I decided to give cooking for myself a try. I definitely made a mistake as far as good food goes. I made a mediocre pasta dish that reminding me of something you could scrape off the top of a Dominoes pizza in America. Too cheesy and definitely overdone. Guess I still have a lot to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment