Saturday, June 27, 2009

No mas me preocupas!!

27/06/09

I love my apartment:




As they would say in Buenos Aires: Como va? 

Today I met most of my family in Argentina. I have 16 cousins on one side and I have yet to meet the other side. Lunch was ok, I understood about half of the conversations I was involved in.  Dinner on the other hand was a battlefield covered in land minds and trick grenades. I found myself engulfed in a sea of what sounded to be a gibberish fiasco. The empanadas were amazing, so i focused on keeping my mouth full in order to refrain from speaking. It's amazing how fast they can talk to each other in spanish as if getting so involved that they don't even notice my presence and yet perfectly time their questions to start right as I finish swallowing my last bite. Luckily for me a few of my cousins were nice enough to dumb down their spanish so that I could understand a little. They even entertained me with speaking a little english so i wasn't so left out in the room. Everyone was very polite and made sure I felt at home even though Im continents away. I still am not used to the kissing on the cheek thing. I found it odd that my cousin's boyfriends whom I have never met.... not to mention I have never met my cousins, would kiss me on the cheek before asking me my name or who the hell I was. Another thing that I'm not used to is the Bidet. 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet apartment. How many channels do you get on that TV?

    ReplyDelete