Sunday, June 28, 2009

28/06/09

  And then, it rained....

Today was just another normal day, I woke up to the phone ringing and reluctantly got up to answer it. It was my cousins Nachi and Carlitos (Also known as Charlie) waiting for me downstairs. They were here to pick me up, or at least wake me up so we could all walk to my aunt Veronica's house for lunch. We walked about 10 blocks down the unfamiliar streets of Buenos Aires. The graffiti and street art along the way were a sight for lost eyes because it automatically forced my mind to sit in a giant love-seat of normalcy. As I started putting two and two together and reminding myself that I was indeed awake and not dreaming, I began to smile at my situation and take in a deep breath of Buenos Aires air. Buenos Aires literally translated means the Good Air, and today, it wasn't good air it was great air. As I sat down and ate lunch with my family, I realized that even though I could only understand 40% of what they were saying, I was still part of the family. After lunch my cousins; Nachi, Lucas, Pedro, Lucia, and Candelaria took me out to see different parts of Buenos Aires







We went to Puerto Madero which is the newest part of Buenos Aires. It consisted mostly of high end restaurants and 6 star hotels. After falling in love with yet another part of the city, we returned to my aunt Veronica's house for homemade pizza and a few laughs at my expense for not understanding anything and at my attempt to hail a bus today. I then returned home to finally unpack the rest of my belongings.

   And then, it rained..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment